Key Notes regarding Booking Terms & Conditions & During Coronavirus
THE BELOW Coronavirus NOTE – UPDATED 8th February 2022 – Please take confidence that WE ARE COVID SECURE !
It is important that in advance of making a booking you understand that your booking is for the provision of a pitch or accommodation only and not park services and facilities.
Please be aware that we always endeavour for facilities at our parks to be fully available for our customers to enjoy however availabilty can be affected by Government guidance and in meeting legal requirements for Scotland & England with regards Coronavirus. Examples of facilities are swimming pools & games rooms.
We welcome responsible holiday guests and thus in the interest of promoting safety first to our holiday guests and staff, we will be taking a zero tolerance approach towards guests not observing our park rules.
Please contact the park of your choice directly and should you have any further queries before booking.
- Meadowhead Limited is a UK based Company. Payment in full is required at the time of booking online for caravan holiday home hire, wigwam hire, shepherd’s huts, cottage hire, touring and camping bookings.
- Bookings for tent and touring pitches will incur a £1.50 booking fee.
- Please be aware that online booking applications are not confirmed as accepted at the time of completing the online purchase process. Please note that the initial online booking acknowledgement is not confirmation of booking. Confirmed and thus approved bookings are normally processed within 24hrs and only then will payment be accepted. You will then receive a booking confirmation notification email. Where a booking is not approved you will not be charged. Customers who do not want to use our online booking service can book their holiday by contacting the park of their booking choice directly by telephone (different terms and conditions apply, please see below).
- All prices quoted are in GBP Sterling and are inclusive of VAT. Please understand that the Euro rate specified in our tariff will fluctuate and prices are published as a guide only.
- Please be aware that awnings, gazebos, extra car, RV charge and pup tents etc. attract charges in additional to that of the pitch hire. The extras and their charges are clearly set out on our website online and can be viewed when checking availability. Please ensure that when booking online you select the extras that apply to you. Pitch hire will include the pitch, any pitch services, the duration of stay and number of persons in the party. You will be provided with a final total.
- The size of your tent, touring caravan or motorhome must be stated at the time of booking. If your tent is over 24 square metres applies to Tantallon, Belhaven Bay & Mortonhall Parks or 17 square metres at Waren then additional supplementary charges may apply, please refer to the touring tariff for the current year or contact us directly. Touring tariff charges are available from reception and can also be viewed online when checking availability.
- Pitches are allocated based on vehicle size, it is not always possible to meet a request for a specific pitch
- Electricity hook ups are 10-16 amp depending on chosen park and pitch type and have the standard round commando socket. Tent customers will require a mobile mains power unit that is compatible with our touring hook-ups.
- Our touring pitches vary in size within their price bands. We will match your touring caravan or motorhome booking to the correct pitch size, but on occasions we may not be able to meet this requirement for larger vehicles especially during high season. Please be aware that on rare occasions this could mean rejecting your booking. (N.B. Vehicles over 8m will incur an R.V. charge.) The charge can be seen when checking availability online or by contacting the park reception for more information.
- Bookings can only be made by a person over 18 years of age who are in attendance during the holiday and agree on behalf of all persons in their party to abide by the conditions of booking and the rules of the park.
- Most breeds of dog are welcome at our parks. We do not accept any other pets. If hiring park accommodation, then dogs are only permitted in specified dog friendly designated accommodation types. A maximum of two dogs per booking. Some breeds of dog, including those listed in the Dangerous Dog Act are not allowed so if in any doubt check with us when you book. There is no booking charge for eligible assistance dogs. Dogs must always be under the control of a responsible adult, kept on a lead and wear a collar with identity tag. You must clean up after your Dog. Dogs (other than assistance dogs) are not allowed in any facilities or play areas. Dogs should not be left unattended in holiday homes and must not be allowed on bedding or seating. If we think your dog is causing a nuisance or damage you will be required to remove it from the park. If you take a dog into a holiday home which is not booked as dog friendly you will be required to pay an additional fee of £80 for the deep cleaning of that accommodation. Please contact your chosen park reception directly If you have any questions regarding bringing your dog to Meadowhead Parks. Contact details for all parks can be found on our website
Booking Offline - by telephone, email or at the park
Offline bookings are welcomed using these methods:
- Book by telephone and providing your contact details and credit or debit card details for making deposit or full payment transactions.
- A booking reference number will be provided to you. Please keep a note of it as you will be asked for it upon arrival at the park.
- For advance bookings of specifically tent and touring pitches – At Waren, Tantallon & Belhaven Bay Parks 50% of the total cost of your holiday will be required as a deposit. At Mortonhall Park one night’s fee will be expected as a deposit. All balances must be settled in full no later than 6 weeks prior to arrival.
- If you have not notified us to cancel or amend the booking in advance of your arrival (see cancellation policy terms) and do not arrive at the park for the first night of the booking, the entire booking will be deemed cancelled and no refund will be given.
- Provisional bookings can be made in advance and are held for 3 days. If bookings are not confirmed by means of a deposit within this time they will automatically be cancelled. Please inform us immediately if you decide to not take up your booking.
- We require a minimum 50% deposit for caravan holiday home, wigwam, cottage and shepherd’s hut hire bookings.
- On acceptance of your booking and for deposit payment a confirmation of booking will be sent detailing the full cost, deposit paid and balance due by when.
- All balances must be settled in full no later than 6 weeks prior to arrival.
- Failure to pay the balance by the due date may result in the cancellation by us of the booking.
- We will endeavour to meet special requests, please give us as much notice as possible.
- You will not be reminded by us to settle balance payments, please settle the balance on time.
- Meadowhead Parks may change these terms from time to time. If we do so then we will notify you by email and posting the new terms on our website.
Caravan Holiday Homes, Shepherd’s Huts & Wigwam Hire
- Caravan holiday homes and Shepherd’s Huts only: are fully equipped for self-catering with inventory to serve the maximum occupancy specified for that accommodation.
- Caravan holiday homes and Shepherd’s Huts only: all bed linen and towels are provided for the number of guests in your booking and with a mini welcome pack.
- Caravan Holiday Homes – Parking Note: A space to accommodate a single vehicle is provided at each caravan holiday home, if you require additional parking then please contact the park direct to check availability. Please do not park vehicles on our grass.
- Wigwams only: if you have taken advantage of our sleeping bags or fire pit hire service then these items will be ready for you at your wigwam upon your arrival. Availability of these services may vary from park to park. We also advise that you bring with you bed linen, pillows, towels, crockery and cooking utensils as you would when camping.
- Wigwams only: wigwam kitchen facilities exist at all our wigwam parks and offer facilities for preparing food. The only exception is Belhaven Bay and as they have semi-self-catering facilities in the wigwam itself.
- Wigwams only: use of the WC and shower facilities located near your wigwam are included in the cost of your holiday.
- Electricity, gas, water and heating are all included in the cost of your holiday
- All members of your party must be detailed on the booking form and only these persons are permitted to occupy the accommodation. The total number in your party (including children and babies) should not exceed the maximum occupancy specified by us for that accommodation. The remainder of your holiday may be at risk if you are found to be exceeding the permissible limit and as detailed at the point of booking. We may refuse holiday bookings for single occupancy.
- Potential visitors to your accommodation ‘without a booking’ must report to reception and are expected to adhere to the rules of the park. They are not permitted to stay past 10pm or overnight.
- You are expected to return your accommodation to us in a clean and tidy condition and thus the very same standard you found it in upon your arrival.
- All breakages, damages or missing items should be reported immediately to reception. A charge may be made.
- Arrival time – any time from 4pm and before 8pm. If a later arrival is required or in case of an emergency while travelling to the park, please contact the park direct.
- Departure time – strictly by 10am on the day of departure.
Touring & Camping Park - Pitch Hire
- On arrival you will be allocated a pitch number, please ensure you have parked on the allocated pitch. Failure to pitch correctly and as directed by our staff may result in you being required to reposition or relocate to another pitch.
- Owners of tents and awnings are requested to lift groundsheets during the day to minimise ground damage.
- Open campfires including fire-pits are strictly prohibited on our touring parks. Please ensure that any portable/disposable barbecues do not damage the grass. You are required to observe and follow the park rules that will be issued to you upon your arrival with your park map.
- You may need a 25m cable to make connection to some electrical hook-ups and depending on the specific location of the pitch assigned to you. Please check in advance and note we do carry some ‘on loan’ cables and are subject to availability.
- Potential visitors to your pitch/accommodation must report to reception and are expected to adhere to the rules of the park. They are not permitted to stay past 10pm or overnight. Visitor numbers will be limited at the discretion of the park manager.
- Some parts of our parks have slopes and where levelling ramps may be required. Please check in advance and come prepared.
- Arrival time – any time between 2pm and 8pm. If a later arrival is required or in case of emergency whilst travelling to the park, please contact the park direct.
- Departure time – if you want to stay an additional night, pitches must be re-booked and paid for by 10am on day of departure or vacated by 12 noon.
Cancellation of your booking
- We reserve the right in any circumstance to cancel your booking. If so, we will refund 100% of the monies you have paid or alternatively offer you another holiday option of comparable standard, subject to availability.
- If you wish to cancel your booking you must notify us by dated postal letter, email, telephone or in person at our park reception. The date of cancellation is the date we receive your letter, email, phone call or reception note. To ensure postal delivery we recommend all mailed cancellation letters are sent by recorded delivery to the park address where you stayed. We can only accept cancellation from the lead booking name unless you can provide appropriate evidence to support good reason why they are unable to cancel the booking.
- The cancellation policy applies to any complete cancellation of the booking, or a reduction in the booking of either nights or number of pitches / people.
- Any cost incurred by us and associated with credit card charging and refunding will be deducted from your refund total otherwise the below scale will apply.
- 100% refund notified 90 days prior to the booking start date.
- 85% refund notified 75 days before the booking start date.
- 60% refund notified 30 days before the booking start date.
- 35% refund notified 15 days before the booking start date.
- 15% refund: notified 7 days or less before the booking start date.
- No Refund: no prior notification and non-arrival on first day of the booking.
- We recommend that you invest in your own holiday insurance incorporating a cancellation policy.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with a product or service you receive from us, in the first instance please contact the General Manager at the holiday park your complaint originates. We will make every effort to resolve your concern. Contact details for our parks can be found at the foot of these terms and conditions or speak to the park directly.
- If in the unlikely event we are unable to resolve a complaint, then you may elect to use an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) platform. Such a platform can be found here http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. Your statutory rights are not affected.
CCTV - Continual Recording
- We operate external and internal closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems at All Meadowhead Parks which are recording on a continual basis. Images are stored in a secure system that is reviewed periodically and under usual operational circumstances deleted after a period of one month. The CCTV systems are provided as a service, and with our holiday guests and their property in mind, and with such intention as to add value and should the system need to be relied upon. Signage notices are posted at all parks to remind guests that CCTV systems are in operation. We use a qualified and reputable CCTV partner to maintain our systems.
Additional Terms & Conditions
- The charging of electric vehicles is strictly prohibited on our parks except via dedicated electrical charging points and they will be appropriately signed for that purpose. You are prohibited from connecting your electric vehicle to any holiday accommodation or touring bollard, building electrical outputs and as it is considered wholly unsafe to do so.
- Our parks are family holiday parks so please ensure your behaviour is appropriate and not noisy, offensive or likely to cause any harm or upset to other guests, staff or property at the holiday park. If we feel your behaviour is illegal, offensive, disruptive or inappropriate or is disturbing other guests you may be asked to leave the holiday park and a charge made for costs incurred.
- To claim any special offers, discounts, promotional codes etc. please tell us when you book. If you don’t, we’re sorry we can’t honour these. All discounts, special offers etc. are subject to availability and to separate terms and conditions stated at the time the offer is made?
- All prices are current at time of print and are subject to change so could increase or decrease. The price confirmed when you book is the final price and will not change unless you alter your booking. All prices include VAT and insurance premium tax (where applicable) at the current rate. If the rates increase, prices may change to reflect the increase.
- We do not accept bookings from or allow anyone to stay on a holiday park who is listed on the Violent and Sex Offenders Register (or any register which supersedes this). By making a booking, you are confirming that no one in your party is on this Register.
- Lost property that is found on the park will be kept for 6 weeks from the date that it was found. If the property has not been claimed within the specified timeframe then it will be donated to a local charity shop or otherwise disposed of. Please contact the park directly should you be seeking support in finding lost property. Should you wish to have an item of found property returned, we will require the date of your stay and holiday reference together with a description of the item. An administration charge of £15.00+VAT plus the postage/packaging charge will be made for the return of the item/s dependant of the size and nature of the property. The postage/packaging charge will be agreed with you in advance. You are of course welcome to collect your property or make your own arrangements for courier collection.
- All our accommodation is non-smoking and smoking and use of E-cigarettes are not permitted in any accommodation. If you do smoke in your accommodation you will be required to pay an additional fee of £80 for deep cleaning.
- Travel cots and highchairs, subject to availability, can be requested for use in our hire accommodation. We suggest that you request these when you book by telephone and using the ‘Special Requests’ box if booking online. A deposit may be required on arrival. You will need to bring your own cot linen.
- All children must be supervised by parents or guardians throughout the holiday. Where we have children’s clubs, special programmes of events and other facilities for children these are not childcare facilities and children always remain the responsibility of their parents or guardians. Please make sure you always know where your children are.
- If any member of the booking has self-excluded themselves from any other gambling premises, they must highlight this to the Park Management on arrival. We cannot accept any liability for any losses incurred where a guest has self-excluded themselves from another gambling establishment and gambled on the park.
- Most of our parks are in rural locations so there may be areas of uneven ground, unmade paths and limited lighting. Please take special care to avoid accidents. Some parks may also have lakes, ponds, and rivers so please make sure you know about these features and supervise children appropriately.
- You should comply with speed limits, parking and traffic regulations on park. We try to provide parking next to or near your holiday home or pitch, but we can’t always guarantee this, please ask at time of booking. Vehicles are brought into the holiday park at your own risk. Quad bikes, Monkey Bikes, Mini Motorised Vehicles, E-scooters, Segway, hover boards and similar are not allowed on park. Please note we do not currently have a facility to charge hybrid cars. You are not permitted to charge your car using the holiday home or pitch electricity supply. Reception can assist you with locating the nearest local EV charging services.
- We sometimes have TV and other companies filming or taking photographs on park. We will do all we can to ensure you are not disturbed by this. We can’t accept any responsibility or offer any financial award if you do appear in films or photographs. No photography or video recording is permitted in swimming pool areas. The use of drones is not permitted at any holiday park.
- We have taken all care to make sure our brochure and website are correct at time of going to print / being published. Photographs of accommodation are examples only and furnishings, layout and decoration may vary.
- Subject to availability we can extend your stay beyond booked dates however we cannot guarantee that the same pitch will be available.
- We endeavour to ensure that all on site services and facilities are available to you during your stay. If services and facilities are not available due to circumstances beyond our control no liability will attach to us and you will not be entitled to a refund.
- We endeavour to ensure there are enough amenities available during your stay and in line with site licensing guidelines, during low season we will close some amenity buildings. We also reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities due to repairs, refurbishment, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond our control and where reasonably necessary. However, where possible and if this is the case you will be notified in advance of arrival.
- Once we have confirmed your booking a contract is formed with Meadowhead Ltd. You must check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive them. If any information is inaccurate in any way you must let us know straight away. If you wish to make changes prior to the start day of the booking made, we will do our best to accommodate requests within reason and availability.