Award Winning Park in Scotland’s Historic Capital City set in 18th Century Landscaped Grounds
- 4 Star Thistle graded park
- Disabled facilities (level 2)
- David Bellamy Gold Conservation Award 8 Year Running
- Park easily accessed from city bypass
- Walks around the Arboretum, to the City or into the Pentland Hills
- Shop – onsite
- Laundry, food preparation and dishwashing facilities
- Secure lockers offered.
- The Stable Bar – family restaurant and bar.
- Coffee shop at Garden Centre.
- New games and television rooms
- Situated on the main bus route to Edinburgh city centre
- And look out for the Highland cattle!
In 200 acres of parkland at the centre of a traditionally managed private country estate, it's hard to believe you are only 15 minutes drive from the centre of Edinburgh and for those feeling energetic in an hours walk you’ll be into the centre of the historic Old Town. Also conveniently situated on the main bus route into the Edinburgh city centre.
With so much to see and do in and around the Capital City, you’ll be spoilt for choice. The world renowned Edinburgh Festival during the summer months gives a varied collection of performing arts, while all year round the Castles, Museums and Galleries offer more traditional attractions.
Mortonhall Park is well placed for golfing enthusiasts, with several courses (see LINKS for details), all within a couple of miles.
The beautiful Pentland National Park is within sight to the South of the park with its spectacular hill walking routes into Midlothian. To the North are the parks of Blackford Hill, home to the Royal Observatory and Hermitage of Braid, which has a visitor centre.
Hillend Dry Ski Slope is also just a short journey away.
Horse back riding can be arranged at nearby Tower Farm Riding Stables – 0131-664-3375.
In the Pentlands there is fishing available nearby at Glencourse & Clubbiedean Reservoirs.
See Links & Local Attractions for extensive list of visitor attraction contact details.